We welcome students with different abilities and offer a range of options from one-on-one sessions; supported group sessions to integration in regular classes.
To ensure students with different abilities get the option that is best for them, all NDIS funded students who are new to Made in Clay are required to undertake a 30-minute pottery support assessment at a cost of $50. NB this does not apply to existing NDIS funded students.
Participation costs vary due to the bespoke nature of this work and individual funding arrangements. Hence price is on application only following assessment and payment in full is required prior to the commencement of classes.
Although not unique to NDIS funded students, pottery is a form of art therapy which offers a range of benefits beyond learning a new skill, developing personal creativity or connecting with other people, beneficial as they unquestionably are. Therapeutic benefits we have observed include improved:
• problem solving skills and ability to concentrate and attend to task
• eye hand co-ordination and fine motor skills
• expressive and receptive language skills
• interpersonal and social skills
• impulse control and mindfulness
• sense of well-being with reduced anxiety and depression.